Reorder Your Checks Online
How to reorder checks using Check Reorder Express
You can use Check Reorder Express to reorder checks if:
- You are an existing First Ipswich Bank checking account customer.
- Your name and address have not changed since the last time you ordered checks from Harland Clarke. If your name or address has changed, then please contact a Customer Service Representative to reorder your checks. To contact a Customer Service Representative, call us at 978-356-3700 or visit any of our branches.
Check Reorder Express will ask you for your Routing and Transit Number and your Account Number, so be sure to have a check or your reorder form handy. Using Check Reorder Express, you can:
- Reorder checks;
- Change your check design;
- Choose the shipping method for your order;
- Inquire on the status of an order;
- Purchase accessories such as planners, checkbook covers, and return address labels.
Charges for your Check Reorder Express purchases will be automatically deducted from your checking account. You do not need a credit card to order from Check Reorder Express.
You should be aware that the Check Reorder Express web site will disable your browser's Back button. To return to First Ipswich Bank's web site, either:
- Click the Exit button within Check Reorder Express; or
- Use your browser's list of previously visited pages to return to the First Ipswich Bank site (for Internet Explorer, both the View->Go To menu and the Back button allow you to pull down a list of recently visited pages; in Netscape, the Go menu contains a list of recently visited pages).
If you have any questions about Check Reorder Express, please contact us. You can send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can call us at 978-356-3700, or you can speak with a Customer Service Representative at any of our branches. Click here for the locations, hours and phone numbers of our branches.
Disclaimer: Check Reorder Express is a service of Harland Clarke. When you click on the links above, you will be taken to the Harland Clarke web site. While First Ipswich Bank cannot be responsible for the operation of the Harland Clarke web site, if you encounter any problems reordering checks, please notify First Ipswich Bank.